- Q:Why is Tattoo Butter good for my tattoo?A:
The unique blend of fresh healing herbs in our Tattoo Butter allow your tattoo to heal from the inside out, not from the top down. We don't include any wax, or shelf stable ingredients. Keeping these out of our Tattoo Butter, helps your tattoo breathe when healing.
- Q:Do you ship internationally?A:
- Q:Why is our company named “Ohana Organics”?A:
‘Ohana is family in Hawaiian, where Tara the owner creator was born. All of our 'Ohana Helps in the business, from harvesting the herbs to labeling the tins.
- Q:Where does shea butter come from?A:
This nut butter comes from the stone of a fruit that grows on a tree, wild throughout the shea belt of Africa. The stones are boiled to extract their soft butter.
- Q:What benificial herbs and ingredients are used in 'Ohana's products.A:
- Shea Butter -Helps with moisturizing and replenishing dry skin. It has many uses, look at our shea butter page.
- Olive Oil -Suitable for those who have allergic reactions, a great skin softner and source of Vitamin E.
- Plantain -Antiseptic and Antibacterial. It is also an astringent and anti-inflammatory.
- Calendula -Aids in healing wounds and its skin calming properties
- Lavender -Antimicrobial, Mild sedative, and an anti-deppressant.
- Aloe - Immune stimulating properties, anti-inflammatory.
- Roses -Has vitamins and minerals (especially A, B, E, and K, potassium and iron)
- Comfrey -Helps decrease the healing time for skin wounds and irritations.
- Beeswax -Used a a thinking agent is salves, helps with closing and healing wounds quickly.
- Vitamin E - A natural preservative, It slows down the oxidation process.
Ref: Herbal Medicine by, Dr. Sharol Marie Tilgner
- Q:How much shea butter should I use?A:
A little goes a long way. You only need a thin layer, this puts a protective barrier and lets your skin breathe
- Q:What makes Ohana Organics products different then the rest?A:
- We Utilize the beneficial properties of plant based ingredients.
- We grow and harvest our own herbs
- No shelf stable ingredients added
- Hand crafted
- Q:How do I care for my new tattoo using the Tattoo Butter?A:
We recommend listening to your professional tattoo artist for healing instructions. When using the tattoo butter, a little goes a long way. With clean hands, apply a thin amount next to your tattoo. let it melt, then spread a thin layer over your tattoo. This little amount will allow your tattoo to breathe. Over applying will suffocate your tattoo! We usually recommend 2-3x a day or if tattoo becomes dry and tight, remember always use clean hands when applying.
- Q:Does ‘Ohana Organics test its products on animals?A:
We first test on humans, then we use our products to help our animals.